Connectify did not start. It showed this error:
error:The wireless device reported an error while starting the hotspot. Please try reconnecting/reenabling your wireless device or reboot and try again.
Maybe the computer that is setting up the connection has something blocked. This is how I fixed it, NOTE: it works after you do it, however you might need to repeat it every time. Not sure why it doesn't work sometimes. Might be a bug.
Anyhow, this is how I fixed it, again, don't know why, but it worked:
1. Try restarting... you never know...
2. Try going to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right click Wireless Network Connection 2, disable it, then try to start Connectify hotspot again (from the Connectify interface, press the 'Start Hotspot' button). **this fix also works, when after waking up computer, Connectify gives the cannot start hotspot error, but before it was working**
error 2: Yellow warning on connected clients connection, cannot access internet through connectify.
This was the hardest one to figure out, and it worked like a charm.
1. Try going to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right click the MAIN WIFI connection that you want to share, it should be called: Wireless Network Connection.
- Right-click>properties>configure button> ADVANCED tab
- Check for Ad-hoc and make sure its enabled. Or any similar.
2. Try going to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right click Wireless Network Connection 2
- Right-click>properties> look for IPv4 on the below list.
- Check that is set to automatically... all that.
- Apply, save, close and restart the hotspot.
- See if your connected collegues are able to access now.