http://connectifyhowto.blogspot.com/ Connectify FIX. Help Connectify Share Internet 101: Sharing WIFI internet

lunes, 14 de febrero de 2011

Sharing WIFI internet

I will keep all the explanations simple. Not technical.
 No BS, just instructions for the common user. If you got any questions, email me.


The purpose of this blog is to extend the use of WIFI sharing programs and give all the fixes that are NOT featured on the website. 
I am not paid, sponsored... or anything similar by any of the programs I feature. I just like how they get the job done.

  1. 1. Sharing WIFI on MS Windows 7.

Windows7 has a program that allows you to duplicate your WIFI card. This means: you can share your WIFI connection with another computer/group of computers, without needing CABLES or a LAN connection (you don't have to be connected by cable to the router to share your connection). 
This is very cool, because if you have a router with limited IPs (meaning only a limited number of people can connect simultaneously) you can make it have unlimited IPs... internet for everyone you want!
**please note I do not support the illegal use of this information, this is just educational**

I will explain how to do it with Connectify. Maybe in the future I will also explain Virtual Router (since it turns out that it works for PCs with XP that have problems with connecting to Connectify wifi) and Ad-Hoc connections in general.

You will need:

  • A PC/Laptop... with Windows 7 (see following posts for Mac instructions).
  • See if your WIFI card is supported here. (how do I see what my WIFI card is!?!?)
  • Install Connectify: Download it, open it, install it, restart your computer. (if you have any questions on this part, see their website...However, it should be pretty easy).
So what's next? Why is it so hard?

Here is where the problems start. It is not THAT easy to get all computers, firewalls and all the shebang to get along. So I will try to go over all the difficulties I've come across when doing this procedure in several computers.
Internet map with Connectify


Next Step






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario